Wednesday, September 24, 2008

LG 70 HDTV/Monitor


LCD prices for all types of panels have been contracting recently, but I'm very impressed with how much you can get for so little nowadays. I went shopping for a presentation display for work and brought an LG LG70 42" TV/Display. This is still a somewhat cost-reduced model when compared with flagship-style Sony products, but for $1099, I got a 42" 1080P screen that works flawlessly when hooked up to a computer via VGA. The TV detected the input immediately and asked if I wanted to "enjoy" this new connection now. The screen was set up immediately, correctly, and absolutely no waves, jaggies, dead/stuck pixels or "snow" were evident when using VGA. If I didn't know better, I would have sworn it was a digital signal.

My only beef is the dark, sparkly red stripe around the outside of the unit. It hides all of the buttons except for power and frankly looks a bit too "boy racer."

All in all, I'm very impressed at what's out there now for so little. If only I had the money for one of my own... it would make a kicking monitor.

No comments: